Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Fathers and sons

I was watching ST:TNG reruns today and they had the episode where Alexander comes to live with Worf on the Enterprise. The issues and some of the situations reminded me of the stuff that has been going on between my son and I (though I'm not Klingon). There's a lot of stress he's going through due to everything that's happening in my and my ex's lives. Plus school's starting back up. I wish there was something more I could do for him. I went to the bookstore and looked up some "Father/Son" books that look good, but I can't buy them because I don't have the money. I'll be getting him back in a few weeks and that will help. Plus we are all going to be on the school hard to make sure that they are doing right for him. We'll be on him to behave better, too, but I worry that he's been labeled a "trouble maker" and will now just automatically get blamed for things.

Like all parents I worry about all the stuff I might be doing wrong that will have him in therapy for years when he's an adult. I know I could be more strict with him. He does get away with a lot, though not as much as he does when he's with his mother. There's so much to do when you're a dad. There's so many things I want to teach him and do with him and everything. I just don't know how I'll be able to do most of them when I can barely walk.

I wish Dad were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment