Sunday, August 07, 2005

FW: Dust Off as a drug

I got an email that was forwarded from my ex that seems to be making the rounds in the ether. Normally I delete messages that have "send this to everyone and his brother" exhortation in them. But this one, I think, might be worth sharing.
If you have children or grandchildren, PLEASE read this officer's story carefully. You can also verify the story at http://www.snopes.com/toxins/dustoff.asp. Dust Off (or a variant of the product) is available everywhere there's a computer.
First off, I feel for this man. The hardest thing a parent can ever endure is the death of a child. Doesn't matter how old they are, they are your babies and the proper evolution is for them to outlive you. But I wonder sometimes about the mentality of the world these days. Don't these people remember their youth? I'm not saying every adult was a head at 17 but those who grew up in the late 60's, the 70's and early 80's should have some clue about what kids can do. If it can be sniffed, snorted, smoked, eaten, drank or any other way of getting into the body someone's gonna do it. I remember the one and only time I tried poppers I damn near lost it completely. I remember passing out and not being able to break out of the black. To this day I still don't know how I was able to wake up. Once was almost once to much for me. But parents should know that if Nutmeg is a powerful hallucinogen when snorted anything that can be imbibed should be considered dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment