Sunday, August 07, 2005

Writing a book?

I don't get it. Why can't I sleep?

One of the interesting things that came up while I was on holiday last week was the depth and breadth of stories I had about Germany and Europe from the 70's and 80's. Big things, small things, things no one but a small handful of people would even care about. My aunt J suggested that I write these memories/stories/musings/observations down. This was especially so because I have a memory like a sieve and can only randomly recall things from my past. I thought that it would make for a good series of posts to this blog. But both mum and aunt J said I should do it in the form of a book and see if anyone would buy it. My first reaction was incomprehension. I never think of selling myself or my works, which is a sore spot among some family members. It just never occurs to me at all. I am so used to giving out help, info and advice freely that the thought of money never enters my head. Another reason why I am not in the best of financial shape. But that's beside the point. The point is that I am going to write stuff down and then see if I can't get a book out of it. I'm sure that no one will buy it but what the hell, right?

Just spent a couple of hours tweaking my personal home page. I get so caught up in the minutia it's frightening. I spent 45 minutes getting one little line break adjusted. Sometimes this tunnel vision is a benefit, but mostly it's an hindrance.

I like this free flow stream of consciousness way of blogging. Got to figure out how to do it at times other than oh-dark-thirty, though.

There's so many things I need to get done before school starts. Time to make a list and check it twice. I know I'll forget things but if I have a list then I'll know that I forgot something. kao-jai mai krap

Languages... I've been sluffing off on them lately. I have gotten quite a ways into the Thai tapes but then switched back to Chinese because of you-know-who. But you-know-who has been MIA for a bit and it's still confusing to me where who and I are.

Ich verstehe nicht nichts.

我不了解什么

No comments:

Post a Comment