Saturday, October 15, 2005

Killzone

Man, I am totally hooked on this game. I need to get the PS2 connected so I can play online. It's funny but I was never a big fan of FPS's as they all seemed to be variations on a theme (run, kill, die, respawn, repeat) but this game has some good play involved in the Campaign mode. The Arcade mode has the requisite deathmatch, etc. options but they tend to get boring after a while. The story part of this game is good. It's challenging enough to keep you interested yet not so obscure that you need a 6 volume tome to get through it (can you say Myst?) Anyway, my son and I are most of the way through it. I spent 6 hours,total, on it today and will likely spend a few more tomorrow. If the language were toned down a bit and there was a little less blood it'd be a great game for kids, but as it stands now, I can't in good conscience let my 8 year old son play it alone.

Well, that's all for now. I still need to get the Japanese Grand Prix comments up. I should at least get them online before the Chinese race on Sunday. But don't hold your breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment