Tuesday, October 25, 2005

On target

Every day dictionary.com sends me a word-o-the-day. Most of them I know, I happen to have an above average vocabulary which I got from reading (primarily S&FS), but every so often I get a good one I hadn't know or remembered. Today's word is

loquacious \loh-KWAY-shuhs\, adjective:
1. Very talkative.
2. Full of excessive talk; wordy.

It's a word I had already known but it is also a word that describes me to a T. To put it mildly, talkative is what you'd descried me on a day I barely say anything. Even my son knows all about it. Whenever I start explaining something to him he'll stop me and as if this will be one of the usual long and boring talks or if I could keep it short. I have been working on not dominating conversations and had gotten pretty good at it. But lately I find that I'm back on the never shutting up track. I have to try and remember it's just as important when not to say anything as it is when to.

No comments:

Post a Comment