Thursday, February 23, 2006

Curling rocks!

Ok, that was a really bad pun. But I'm serious about the fact that curling is really fun to watch. I still don't quite know the rules and lingo but the strategy, tactics and technique of it all are great to watch. I spent most of the time watching the womens matches but I did catch some of the mens. The US team got the Bronze while the US women just suffered from some very bad luck and some incredibly amazing shots on the last stone by some of the teams. The womens gold medal match was a real barn burner. It went to the very last stone of "overtime" before the decision was set.

Curling has some of the elements of bowling, pool, chess and thermodynamics. It's a thinking mans game. All in all, I hope that it gets a boost in popularity from these games.

No comments:

Post a Comment