Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Olympics

I'm sitting here right now writing this instead of writing the article I'm supposed to be writing. You could say I'm taking a break. You could say it, but it wouldn't be true. I'm just shaming.

I have the Olympics on TV and they are showing mens Curling. Who created this sport? Who was the first person to say, "Hey! Let's slide rocks across some ice and use brooms to make the go faster. We'll see who can get his rocks closest to this spot on the ice." Whoever it was gave us Curling. Now after watching the womens team a couple of times and now the mens team, I'm kinda liking Curling. The other night the US women were playing the Japanese women and the match was really good. The US girls jumped out to a 2-0 lead but the girls from Japan came back to take a 5-4 lead into the last "End" (which is what they call innings in Curling). The US girls then had a set of really great runs and tied it up forcing a playoff. The playoff end was a back and forth thing with the US girls having the edge. But the Japanese girls had the last shot. And what a shot it was. The girl did an incredible job on the last stone to knock out girls out and score the win.

I think it might be fun to try Curling, if I were physically able. No, strike that. It has to be done in a cold environment; ice and all, you know. I don't do ice. Even if I were the healthiest man alive. If yo could do Curling on the beach in the Bahamas...

No comments:

Post a Comment