Saturday, May 06, 2006

Swimming upstream through the mud

Between the medication, lack of sleep, pain and inactivity my brain has turned to mush. The old analogy about your brain being like a muscle and needing exercise is accurate of not true. Even with the last year or so at my last job being very superficial just being around techies and talking the talk helped keep things from atrophying. But it's been one year five-and-a-half months since then. That much time lying on the couch watching ST:DS9 and Law and Order reruns does little to motivate the old synapses. Thus, my brain is so foggy I'm lucky if I can figure out the date.

So what do I go and do? Promise people I can get some web stuff done for them. Oh, it wouldn't be so bad except my main desktop system is still not setup so I'm limping by on my laptop. The laptop is powerful but it doesn't have all those little things that I use without even thinking in order for me to do anything. I've got most everything unpacked except I can't find any of the cords/cables. That's partly because you should never let movers pack up your computers unless you have disconnected and organized everything first. It didn't help that the guy who was packing my stuff was an idiot.

So what am I going to do? I don't know. It's not like I'm getting paid for this or anything but I still hate to let people down. Oh well, life sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment