Thursday, January 18, 2007

Global Warming?

I am not an environmentalist. Nor am I an industrialist/capitalist. I believe we need to do everything we can to preserve nature and try to keep the pollution to as little as possible. However, I have never been a "tree hugger" by any means. I say all of this so that my position is relatively clear; I do not belong in any camp on the issue of global warming.

This morning I ran across a post on the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works website recounting the extreme tactics that "climate alarmists" are using to stamp out any Broadcast meteorologists (TV weatherman) who express skepticism about man made global warming. It seems that some in the meteorological institution are calling for desertification of anyone who challenges the current party line. Skeptics are branded as being akin to "Holocaust Deniers" and should be subject to "N├╝rnberg-style war crimes trials" (I kid you not). To quote from the post -
"The Weather Channel’s (TWC) Heidi Cullen, who hosts the weekly global warming program "The Climate Code," is advocating that the American Meteorological Society (AMS) revoke their "Seal of Approval" for any television weatherman who expresses skepticism that human activity is creating a climate catastrophe."
It seems to be that when people go all psychotic and start referencing Nazi symbolism they are so far off the grid it's ridicules.

But don't just take my word for it. Read the whole post, including the reference links in it. Make up your own mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment