Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter; Happy Songkran

To those who celebrate I wish a happy Easter. While most think the holiday is about bunnies and chocolate, many still hold it in their hearts as a religious holiday. I know my mum (who is an Italian Catholic) does. Whether I believe what she believes isn't important. She believes and that's all that matters.

Today is also when Wat Yarnna Rangsee celebrated Songkran (the Thai New Year). The festival is called the Water Festival, people have fun splashing each other with water. The actual dates for the celebration are the 13th through the 15th. The 13th is the last day of the old year and the 15th is the first day of the new year. Most of the Thai Buddhist Temples in the US will usually pick a weekend that's very close to those dates for their festivals. What happened to the 14th? Go forth and Google. ;-)

Either way, today was a holy day for many people. I hope it was a good day for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment