Monday, April 09, 2007

UFO - Love To Love

Oh it’s been too many times and I can’t go back
Night bars, guitars, rundown motels like shacks
What it mounts up to I don’t want it at all
Lost you and I want you today

Misty green and blue
Love to love to love you
Misty green and blue
Love to love to love you

To be something, to be near you
Don’t say that you’ll never know
Love to love to love you

[instrumental]

Half the time it could seem funny
The other half is just too sad
This west bound moon’s they rise and fall
Lost you and I want you today

Misty green and blue
Love to love to love you
Misty green and blue
Love to love to love you

To be something, to be near you
I don’t know where I’m goin’ to
I’ve tried and I need you to stay

[instrumental]


This is the last song on the Lights Out album. UFO made 6 records with Michael Schenker; albums four through eight (Phenomenon, Force It, No Heavy Petting, the afor mentioned Lights Out and Obsession) then the relatively recent Walk on Water. The combination of band members on these albums has produced some of the greatest music you could ever hear. If only Michael (who is the younger brother of Rudolf Schenker of the Scorpions) wasn't so... uhm, let's just say erratic and leave it at that. He is still one of the greatest rock guitarists ever, though he doesn't have the name recognition as others. While I haven't seen Michael in concert I have seen the Scorpions a couple of times. Actually, I have seen a number of really great bands over the years, though it's been about 18 or so years since I went to a show. I do miss it, though. I think I'll post some of the music that I've experienced. It's quite likely that few in the US would know them.

3 comments:

  1. i love this song ive been looking for it! I love the scorpions too! but ufo s song here is my fav of all time, btw im born in 62 too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the reference to Misty Green and Blue in this song?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea, really. When there are song lyrics that seem to be indecipherable I usually figure they mean something to the writer or were put there to fill out the line. Like with "Jeremiah was a bullfrog."

    ReplyDelete