Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..."

Spring break started Monday. My son has been here since then. Well, actually he's been outside playing with the other kids. Anyway, I put him to bed just a while ago and something wonderful happened. He said I had to give him an extra three hugs and two kisses to make up for the weekend he was at his mothers. It was like the weight of the world was lifted off my shoulders. Like a bright shining light in the darkness. I still feel depressed (well, hopeless is more accurate) about my life but I no longer am having any "urges". This has only been for a few hours so it's still early but inside I feel different. Maybe things will forever be dark, dank and dreary for me, but I have quite a bit to hold onto even so. I still need to call for an appointment with a therapist (I can procrastinate with the best of them). But there just might be a glimer of hope on the horizone.

Maybe.

Keep your fingers crossed.

4 comments:

  1. DO you know the german translation to the old folk song, "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. So, please dont take my sunshine away"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but Babel Fish gives this as a translation:

    "Sie sind mein Sonnenschein, mein nur Sonnenschein. Sie bilden mich glücklich, wenn Himmel grau sind. Sie kennen nie liebes, wieviel ich liebe Dich. So bitte nehmen Sie nicht meinen Sonnenschein weg."

    Which translated back gives:

    "They are my sunshine, mine only sunshine. They educate me lucky, if skies are grey. They know never dear, how much I love you. So please you take do not mean sunshine away."

    It looks close enough that, with some minor tweaking, you'd get an authentic translation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Du bist mein Sonnenschein, mein einziger Sonnenschein. Du machst mich glücklich, wenn der Himmel grau ist. Du wirst niemals wissen, wie sehr ich dich liebe. Also, bitte nehm mir nicht den Sonnenschein.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does any one know the russian translation to the same song?

    ReplyDelete