Monday, September 10, 2007

HSM's Vanessa Apologizes for Baring All

HSM's Vanessa Apologizes for Baring All by Natalie Finn Fri, 7 Sep 2007 04:44:32 PM PDT - It's one thing to be watched by 250 million people around the globe. It's quite another thing to be the latest X-rated Internet star. Vanessa Hudgens apologized Friday for posing in various states of undress, including completely naked, for pictures that found their way online this week, a day after confirming the shots in question were indeed of her, and not doctored in any way. "I want to apologize to my fans, whose support and trust mean the world to me," the 18-year-old High School Musical star said in a statement to E! News. "I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos. I am thankful for the support of my family and friends."

Ah, the joys of teen celebrity. And the folly of teen Internet usage. How many people have taken pictures of themselves in provocative or nude poses? Or maybe drunken goof ball pictures in your frat days? Yeah, I mean you. Well the vast majority of my images were taken long before the 'Net became usable by those other than the elite (1337) few. There are some pictures that exist "out there" in the digital world that are likely floating around in the nether regions. If anyone were to find them I wouldn't give a frell. I'm a nobody going nowhere so who cares. But in this day and age it would be wise to teach people that anything which rides the TCP/IP stream is potentially open to anyone and everyone in the world.

In the end, though, I'd like to say that while the press is lumping Miss Hudgens in with Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan, I don't think she is anything like the typical party girl of their ilk. But time will tell.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment