Friday, November 02, 2007

US tops list of world's most competitive economies

Amid gloom and doom, US tops list of world's most competitive economies
By Nate Anderson | Published: November 02, 2007 - 11:17AM CT

Outsourcing? Check.
Alarmingly low math and science prowess in education? Check.
Plenty of lobbyist abuse and special interests? Check.
Really weak telecom infrastructure? Check.

Most competitive economy on Planet Earth? Uh, check.


An interesting conclusion can be seen in this post from Ars Technica. It reminds me of when Clinton the 1st had his little "It's the economy, stupid" quip. Stocks are down, home foreclosures are through the roof (pun intended) and holiday sales are projected to be lower than last year.

My ex brother-in-law, we'll call him Bill, works in the financial business. I'm not sure what he does but I know he's all into buying and selling stocks. Many, many moons ago I proffered my postulation on world economics to him. My personal theory is that there are 12 old white guys somewhere in Switzerland who sit as an oval table and play at manipulating everything for their own amusement.

"Hey, I feel like making the price of oil higher today. What do you guys think?"
"Maybe we can undermine the world banking system and watch everyone scramble around; like stepping on an ant hill."
"Oh wouldn't that be fun!"

Needless to say ol' Bill was incensed. He got all flustered and started explaining market trends and blah blah this and blah blah that. It's like the time I mentioned how the real estate business is a con game within earshot of a realtore. Man, I never saw anyones face turn so red. You could almost see the steam coming out of his ears. I wouldn't be surprised if all of these financial businesses were working together under some kind of Umbrella.

Then again maybe it's just the Illuminati.

Powered by ScribeFire.

2 comments:

  1. I think I see a synthesis of ideas here: perhaps the Illuminati are actually the 12 year olds? It's always amazed me how utterly we seem to have forgotten the tiny little fact that we, as human beings, give numbers their meaning - not the other way around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent analysis, Redbeard72. While I am a slightly pessimistic guy (understatement of the day) when it comes to Corporations, Governments, Religions, Societies... basically large organizations run by a small, select membership espousing an agenda not central to the betterment of everyone, I have given up hope for humanity, common sense & kindness being a driving force.

    ReplyDelete