Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Like Dyke's?

Over the last 20 or so years I have been lucky to keep from getting caught up in the "Reality TV" crap... uh, I mean craze. The Real World, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, etc., none of them were of any interest for me. But over the last 6 months or so I have somehow found myself sucked into this oh so fake world. Now I am stuck on The Biggest Loser, High School Reunion, Beauty and the Geek and Americas Next Top Model, just to name a few. So what does all this have to do with the title? I'm glad you asked.

On a previous cycle of the CW series ANTM, there was a hopeful named Kim. She's a lesbian who had an interesting androgynous look which she was able to develop into being soft and sexy. She was also famous for making out with one of the other (straight) models. Then on the new TV Land series High School Reunion, one of the J.J. Pearce High School class of '87 is Kat, the Lesbian. She's fun, smart and really cool.

Why do I really like these ladies? Who knows, but it might not be a random coincidence. See, the woman I've known for the last 20 years, was married to for 10 years and is the mother of my son is also a lesbian. Maybe I'm a lesbian, too. After all, I like making it with girls.

Seriously, I think that the reason I like Kim and Kat is their personalities rather than their sexual orientation. There are plenty of other models on ANTM hat I find equally as cool as Kim and at least one of the other HSR girls I find very, well, let's say she's interesting.

So, while I like some famous dyke's, it's not a universal feeling. There have been some previous girlfriends of my ex that aren't high on my Christmas list. Is there any significance to these two "reality" stars being gay? No, not really.

But there definitely some dyke's I do like.

No comments:

Post a Comment