Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Why Multitaskers Fail

Why Multitaskers Fail Overload Apr 8, 2008 | Updated: 10:56 a.m. ET Apr 8, 2008 - "The physiological toll of multitasking and why we may not be making rational decisions even when we think we are."

This is quite an interesting article. Seems we put to much thought into thinking sometimes. Rational decisions are a lot harder than we might think. Some of us aren't rational thinkers, though. It's funny, the conventional wisdom is that people good in math and sciences are good logical thinkers. I've never been a poor logical thinker let alone a good one. I completely suck at puzzles and riddles that only need a simple bit of logic to solve.

However, I might be a good intuitive thinker. I don't know because I don't have a clue what would define one, but it's possible I am anyway. I do know that I tend to find answers by osmosis. You wouldn't believe how many times I've found bugs in programs or been able to fix a computer just by holding my hands over the screen and mumbling. No, really.

Honesty in the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment