Friday, May 16, 2008

Would you listen to your future self?

Teenagers Listen to No One Not Even Themselves
(As seen on the blog temporarilyme.com)
May 16th, 2008

At 1:00pm today, 27 years ago, I was born. Three years until I am 30. I can’t even believe how fast it feels like time has passed. It seems like just yesterday I was starting grade 10 and falling for my first true love, when in actuality - that happened 12 years ago! 12. Wow.

Now, at 27, what would I tell my former high school self?


Interesting theoretical exercise, this. What would you tell your high school self? Thirty years ago I was just finishing my sophomore year. And 28 years ago it was about three weeks until graduation. There are a lot of things I've learned in the intervening time that, if I could put them to use back then, would really make me an popular and highly sought after guy by the girls. But then, as implied by the title, I know I'd never have listened to a 45yo man in a wheelchair.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment