Saturday, August 30, 2008

Reiser confesses to strangling estranged wife

Reiser confesses to strangling estranged wife Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer | Saturday, August 30, 2008 | OAKLAND -- "Hans Reiser killed his estranged wife by strangling her after she made a "cavalier" remark during an argument over who should have custody of the couple's children, his attorney said Friday after the Oakland computer programmer was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for second-degree murder."

I was following this sordid story for a while due to the Linux connection. During the trial there was a large contingent of techies who were finding all kinds of "reasons" how & why Hans didn't do it and why he was acting so belligerent during the trial. As for myself, after reading a few weeks of reports on the proceedings I got the impression he likely did do it. Still, I'm not on the jury so my opinion doesn't count.

Now there's no doubt he did it, but I'm not sure that his final sentence it what I'd call justice served. If you'd like more background on this you can find plenty on Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment