Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sex Addiction

Yesterday Tyra did an episode on Sex Addiction. From my prior investigations it seems like there are two main types of this addiction. One is a compulsive need for sex rooted in some psychological base. The other looks to my like it's a psychological need rooted in a psychological base. There are likely chemical/biological things in there, as well, especially in the former. But being ultra promiscuous does not make you one. The real issue of sex addiction is not in the sex, it's in the underlying psycho-emotional things that drive it.

At least that's what it seems to me. Granted I have no training in anything remotely related to this topic. That includes an extreme dearth of sexual experience. I have gone years, if not decades, without "gettin' some." Of course I do know the physical, emotional and psychological reasons behind that. Basically, most of the troubles in the world really are all in our heads.

(And a dare anyone to ask what my sexual past was like!)

No comments:

Post a Comment