Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas meme

I can't sleep so here's a time waster post...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
A. Neither. Mum wraps the presents.

2. Real tree or artificial?
A. Artificial, but only because my son has allergies.

3. When do you put up the tree?
A. Christmas eve, of course.

4. When do you take the tree down?
A. January 6th. The day after the 12 Days of Christmas[1].

5. Do you like eggnog?
A. Yes, but no rum in it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A. All of them, probably. Who can remember?

7. Hardest person to buy for?
A. I only buy for my son and nieces. Sometimes for Mum.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
A. My son. Any kind of driving video game and he's in 7th heaven.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
A. Yeah, but I can't find it.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
A. Another task that Mum does. It's both, I think.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A. Who knows? I can't remember last Christmas let alone earlier ones.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
A. "We're No Angles" 1955. Humphrey Bogart, Aldo Ray, Peter Ustinov. And the 1947 version of "Miracle on 34th Street." Classics. Oh, and yes I do love "It's a Wonderful Life."

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
A. Ha! Before 'net shopping it was Christmas eve. Now, it's usually around a week or so before Christmas.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
A. No. The only present recycling I did was wedding gifts.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
A. Snowflake cookies. I can't remember the proper name for them. Something like Pitzafrit.

16. Lights on the tree; colored or white?
A. The lights are built into the tree.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
A. Generally I have a dislike for Christmas songs. They got played so much when I was growing up it burned them out for me. I do love "Carol of the Bells" by the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
A. The whole family lives within 5 minutes of everyone else so any traveling is just down the road.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
A. Of course. Can't everyone? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Thunder, Lightning[2] and Rudolf.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A. Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
A. All on Christmas morning. The presents aren't under the tree until Santa delivers them the night before Christmas.

22. Favorite ornament theme or color?
A. Whatever color they are.

23. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
A. Manicotti. A traditional Italian Christmas dinner.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A. To spend as much time as I can playing with my son.

25. Who is most likely to respond to this?
A. No one. Everyone. Who knows? It's no like anyone reads this blog anyway.

[1] Do you know what actual days the 12 days of Christmas are? Most people have no idea. Hint, the first day is Christmas day.

[2] In German Lightning is Blitzen and Thunder is Donner.

No comments:

Post a Comment