Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Jingling Bells?

I like Christmas. Not just for the presents and food but also for the message. Many people don't realize it is the day to celebrate the birth of Christ. At least for Christians. But there is one part of the season that I'm not a big fan of.

Christmas songs.

I hate Christmas songs. Really. I guess it's because we're inundated with them for a month. Turn on the radio and it's "Jingle Bells" and "Silent Night" all over the place. The songs themselves aren't bad, it's just the constant bombardment that gets to me.

A couple of decades ago the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" was played on every channel multiple times a day. It nearly killed the film as people were getting sick of it. But a little while back someone somewhere decided that it should be shown sparingly. Now it's shown maybe twice over the holiday season.

If there was some way to limit the flow of songs to a trickle or something maybe that would help. As it stands now I'll just have to grin and bare it.

No comments:

Post a Comment