Monday, January 26, 2009

The "I'm Linux" Video Contest

The Linux Foundation is having an "I'm Linux" Video Contest. From the website;
If you've been alive and aware of mass media over the last twelve months, you've probably seen television commercials from Apple and Microsoft touting their operating system. From Apple's ubiquitous "I'm a Mac" to Jerry Seinfeld to Microsoft's "I'm a PC" retort, operating system commercials have been flooding the airways. Except one OS has been notably absent – Linux.
I might even try doing up something to submit.

Maybe.

Possibly.

Ok, probably not.

Yes, I know... I'm to much of a procrastinator and to lazy to do video editing. But the idea is good. Plus, here's what you get if you win;
The winner will receive a free trip to Tokyo, Japan to participate in the Linux Foundation Japan Linux Symposium in October 2009. The winning video will also be unveiled at the Linux Foundation's Collaboration Summit in San Francisco on April 8, 2009.
This might not sound to appealing for non-geeks but, hey! It's still Tokyo. It'd be worth trying it just for that. If only it wasn't a between Basho month.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment