Thursday, January 01, 2009

Obligatory New Year post

I, like pretty much everyone else in the blog sphere, want to wish a happy new year to the handful of people who might actually be reading this blog.

2008 was an interesting year for me. Mostly because I started my first real foray at University. But the last month or two I've also been feeling better than I have in quite a while. The pain has fallen just under the level of consciousness so I'm thinking clearer. The fog has thinned out in my brain, so to speak. Also, the addition of Guitar Hero in the house has lifted my spirits far more than I'd anticipated. Mental, physical and emotional upsurges across the board.

You might notice that all of these events happened in the last quarter of the year. It's not that the rest of the year was unremarkable. I just don't remember it. Oh, I'm sure I could come up with most of it if I had to. A couple of hours thinking and there it'd be. But the point is that I am not one to live in the past. Nor the future, it seems. I tend to live in the present. Well, let's say "exist" in the present. Spending a day staring at the tube[1] isn't what you'd call living. The point, though, is that I don't function in a linear fashion. I kinda bump along from event to event, whether it be flowing along with the currents of time or actively choosing a direction. I just do what I'm doing. The past is over and the future isn't hear yet so might as well keep doing what you're doing now. Yeah, I know... Doesn't make much sense to me either.

So what's in store for 2009? As is evident from the above paragraph, I have no frelling clue. I hope to be kicking butt in school (it starts on the 9th; I can't wait), continue feeling good (if not better) and ripping & shredding licks on my ax (virtually speaking, of course). It would be nice to start having a social life again, too. If the previous sentence holds true that just might be a reality.

But most important for 2009 is to spend as much time as possible with my son. His being here for winter break was like spring in December.

That was rather poetic, huh.

[1] That's what TV's were called back in the day. It's how YouTube got it's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment