Friday, January 09, 2009

School is back!

Woohoo! School starts today. Well, for me at least. My son started on the 5th. This semester I'm taking C++ Intermediate Programming and something called Computer Applications. The description for it is -
This course is designed to increase proficiency in the use of common word processing, spreadsheet and presentation application software. Topics include production of business documents and reports. Upon completion of this course, students should be able to prepare documents using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software.
Basically it means we learn MS Office. At first I was going to try testing out of the class but after thinking about it I figured what the heck. While I don't use MS Office for anything outside of these classes (I use either OpenOffice or SoftMaker Office, depending on my mood) I figure I'll still learn enough useful things I can take over to either of the others.

There was one thing that was difficult over the break, though. It took a real effort not to keep going in the C++ textbook. My son being here for the break helped, too. I wish the programming lessons/coursework were daily instead of weekly. I just can't seem to get it in fast enough. There's two more semesters then Summer. Maybe I'll see if I can learn assembly language programming then.

No comments:

Post a Comment