Saturday, February 07, 2009

Falling behind

Things aren't going well in my programming class. I got behind a couple of weeks ago and it's just been snowballing. Tomorrow (Sunday) I will have to do some serious reading, coding and take the weeks test. Plus I also have to take the test in the other class. It's extremely unlikely I'll get an A for this class, but all I need is a passing grade.

In order to get that, though, I need to figure out what's getting in my way. I think it might be the remnants of the defeatist in me. Or it could be fear; fear of trying and failing. It's always easier to not try and fail. The most aggravating thing is that I know I can do this. Yes, the material in the programming class is difficult. But it's not beyond me.

Time to fake some self motivation and discipline. Like the saying goes, "Fake it 'till you make it."

No comments:

Post a Comment