Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Feelin' Hot Hot Hot

It is hot. The weather here has been humid with temps in the upper 90's. This would simply be Summer in the Washington DC Metro area but for one thing... The A/C in our house died three summers ago.

We can't afford to get it fixed, either. The heater & A/C must be replaced together and that's something like $3K to $5K. Last month we ran out of money the first week and ran out of food by the 20th. There's no way we can afford $100 for a window unit let alone get the whole system fixed.

I am looking for a way to find work but it's very difficult because of my limitations. I can't do any physical labor, nor work full-time due to my health situation. Being male and nearing 50 also hampers things. But I'm still hopeful I can find something. Minimum wage is just fine but part-time minimum wage white collar jobs are, well, scarce during the best of times. And this isn't the best of times.

Oh well, I'm going to take a quick nap now and hopefully it will cool down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment