Friday, November 11, 2011

Turn it up to 11

Today is (inter)national Heavy Metal Day! If you had to pick one song to represent this day what would it be? Personally, I can't narrow the list down to less than three digits, but some of the ones that would be at the top of my list are (in no particular order):

  • "Ace of Spades" - Mötörhead
  • "Breakin' the Law" - Judas Priest
  • "Enter Sandman" - Metallica
  • "Walk" - Pantera
  • "The Trooper" - Iron Maiden
  • "Highway to Hell" - AC/DC
  • "Rainbow in the Dark" - Dio

But if I absolutely had to choose one, and only one, song to represent all of Heavy Metal, it would have to be "Paranoid" by the band that created Metal, Black Sabbath.

To those who understand the meaning of Metal, I solute you... \m/
To those who don't understand, my sympathies.

"Rock and roll ain't noise pollution,
Rock and roll ain't gonna die.
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution,
Rock and roll...
Rock and roll...
Is just Rock and Roll!"

Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. are you kidding, it being 11/11/11...I believe the obvious choice as to what song represents today would have to be:

    "One" by Metallica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! (And, yes, I did just finish watching the Harry Potter movies in preparation for "Deathly Hallows, part 2").

    While I don't think the song itself would be the best representation of the feeling and energy that is inherent in Heavy Metal, the title alone makes it an excellent choice.

    Another might be one of the songs from This Is Spinal Tap, for obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete