Friday, June 28, 2013

Old Man Blues

Many, many years ago (seems like two lifetimes) I played the electric guitar in a family band with my two brothers and our sister. We played local clubs and parties for little or no money. Mostly no money. We weren't too bad and even cut a demo of 10 original songs. We played "variety rock", everything from Pat Benatar and Journey to Judas Priest and Black Sabbath. It was fun. 

This was in the 80's.

Then, in 1990 I got married. In 1992 my sister got married and that pretty much put the kibosh on things. I continued to fiddle with playing for a bit until I ended up with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and needed surgery on both wrists. Shortly after that I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and that killed any idea of playing for me.

Now, 20 years later, I find I want to try and play again.  Don't know how, but I'm going to try.  It's likely I'll make Slowhand sound like a death metal speed demon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment