Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Despair, Inc. 2005 Calendars

The Despair, Inc. 2005 Calendars are in at ThinkGeek. If you haven't seen the calendars or posters before you're in for a treat. The reason they are so funny is because they are so true. One perfect example is -
Incompetence - When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, There's no end to what you can't do.
My mother gets very upset and angry when she encounters incompetence in this world. Unfortunately, this means she's upset or angered just about every day. I myself don't often get upset or angry when I encounter incompetence. Or idiocy. Or stupidity. Hell, I'm as mediocre and lazy and undependable as the next guy (well, if the next guy is dead). Getting bent by the actions of morons is a useless waste of energy. I don't have the spare energy to waste on these kinds of things. I probably should be more assertive and less accepting of this stuff since it always seems to bite me in the end. But that's just my nature. I am a Scorpio.

No comments:

Post a Comment