Sunday, June 20, 2004

Selected driver quotes From the US GP Qualifying

As I post this there's 1 hour and 23 minutes till race start. It will be interesting to see if Rubens holds the lead or gives it up to Michael. And if Sato can keep from blowing his Honda engine things could be really fun.

Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari (1st, 1m 10.223s):
"It is great to take pole here at Indy where there were so many Brazilians cheering, I could even hear them in the cockpit. The car has been good all weekend, although I think Michael made a bit more progress than me today."

Michael Schumacher, Ferrari (2nd, 1m 10.400s):
"I cannot complain, because I am on the front row with my team-mate alongside me, so we have to be happy with that."

Takuma Sato, BAR (3rd, 1m 10.601s):
"I'm pleased with third on the grid for tomorrow. It was a shame that we couldn't reach the Ferraris as we were looking good in practice this morning. I'll settle for third and an all-BAR second row is great for the team."

Giancarlo Fisichella, Sauber (14th, 1m 12.470s):
"We suffered with lack of rear-end grip in qualifying, which we expected after yesterday. Although my lap today was not perfect, I know we have a good race strategy. In other races we have had good race pace and proved that we can do well, so I'll be pushing hard again tomorrow."

Jarno Trulli, Renault (20th, no time):
"Naturally, I'm extremely disappointed. I had trouble exiting the garage because first gear would not engage, and then the car would not change gear properly on my lap; at this time, we think the problem was caused by the steering wheel. Looking ahead, it will be tough race tomorrow but we can still look to score points."

No comments:

Post a Comment