Saturday, June 19, 2004

What's In A Name?

Obviously I've changed the name of my blog.

An old online friend ran across my blog the other day and asked me why I didn't name it "My UnKNown Blog". This is a reference to the old BBS days when I ran a board named My UnKnown BBS. Ironically, my board became quite well known globally. I hadn't thought about those days in years. But the idea of naming this blog My UnKnown should have been my first choice. Guess I'm getting old in my old age.

You know, in many ways I miss the old BBS/Fido days. The boards were much more communal. Since dialing long distance wasn't so cost effective the users of a board were generally local. Having a virtual community that was also a physical community made things very cozy. Don't get me wrong, I love the web. But there is more than just simple nostalgia when I think back to the days of yore when you could actually meet in person the people you knew online.

No comments:

Post a Comment