Tuesday, November 23, 2004

I hate hardware

The frelling KVM stopped working. I don't know if it's just being stupid or if I did some kind of damage to it on my blackout day. I don't feel like crawling under the desk to muck with it. I was hoping to use this box for OS reviewing and such until I can do something about snowball.

Crap, I'm falling all over the keyboard again. I better get to bed so I can get up around 8am to get my son to school by 9am, I know, I have such a hard life. Anyone who wants to trade for this life just holler. I'd be more than happy for domronmr rldr to rfua wha Olm xivinv,.

Oop! Definitely time to get off. I canlt .........................

4 comments:

  1. More than happy for WHAT?!?Kids, never drive when you're asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps going to bed at the same basic time as the rest of the eastern US would help? :)

    Yer all over the map sleep-wise, Ace. It's hard to train your body to sleep when it has no obvious signal to do so. Stop pushing yourself so hard and get some sleep! Eeesh... Like me, you're not as young as you used to be.

    (BTW, I use "trazodone" to help me get to sleep. Non-addictive, makes you swimmy but doesn't put you into a coma-esque fog, etc. I think it's the same medication that folks are given in mental institutions to "calm them down." Dunno. I think it falls into the "generic" category so it's also cheap. Works for me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be 100% honest, I believe that part of why I took that half bottle of sleeping pills is because I wanted very much to get stoned. It's been a LONG time since I've toked and the "I need to get stoned" feeling hasn't visited me in decades but recently it's been creeping back in. Not that I'm going to do it. I don't want to start down that road again at all. Not with you-know-who to take care of. Still, it's very strange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stoned on sleeping meds, huh? Sounds like a really short buzz ("Wow, this is so....zzzzzzzzz.").

    I used to be into buzzes, but for some reason it ceased being fun after I turned 30. Now, if I get a little "relaxed" on a glass or two of red wine I'm happy. More than that, and I just end up feeling sick.

    Some folks get wacked out on meditation. I've never done that kind of thing (zazen is as close as I've gotten, but you're not supposed to go someplace else mentally when you do that). I hear it can get pretty freaky. Plus, it's legal and it shouldn't negatively affect your health. Who knows? It may even help. It's just tough getting to the point where you can focus enough to do it. At least that's what I hear.

    ReplyDelete