Thursday, June 09, 2005

I really hate computers

The frelling server is hung again. There's something wrong with either the drive or the controller. The root filesystem on /dev/hda1 just will not come back up after an ungraceful shutdown. And now that the warmer weather is coming we'll be getting thunder storms in the afternoons quite often. It wouldn't be that much of a pain if it weren't for the distance to the CoLo site. And even THAT wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the traffic in this region. So my primary email, and the email for my family, is down again. I have a new box that's 85% ready to replace the old one and I was hoping to have a little more time to get it ready but now it will just have to go into service ASAP. With some luck, and some help, I hope to get it in place this weekend. However...

This proposed server swap has been "in the works" for, oh, I guess 4 years now. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'll never get it done. I hope to prove them wrong this weekend but even I know that the odds are against me. Let's see... I'll give 3-1, no, 5-1 that I don't make it up this weekend. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment