Friday, August 27, 2004

Good Fucking Morning!

It's been two nights in a row that I haven't been able to get to sleep till after 0500. Both times I'm up at 0930 for my son. It's hard enough to deal with the FM but no sleep is a killer. I smoked a whole pack of the Eclipse cigarettes from about midnight till I went to bed. Oh, and speaking of smoking...

The cost of cigarettes is more than doubling next week. The tax increase is going into effect then. I felt stupid paying $3.50 a pack for these things but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay over $8! When I quite for real the first time was when we came here to the States in '88. I went from paying $0.47 a pack to, at the time, $1.30. Hopefully Skoal won't go up in price like this. I still have those Commit lozenges to fall back on, though. They work fairly well.

With a little luck and lots of hard work I'll be able to go back to Tae Kwan Do again. Not smoking will be good for that. I'm kinda dreading the initial weeks of hell as my body tries to get back into shape. Just before I had to stop going I was able to put a standing side kick shoulder high. A cross-behind or skip sidekick I could get just above forehead level. Now I can hardly get it hip level.

Anyway, I need to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment